- Yuri is responsible for Shell’s technology strategy and new technology development, as well as external technology commercialisation activities.
- These activities range from research and development programmes delivered both in-house and through collaborations with external partners, to deployment of technologies across Shell’s operations, as well as catalyst manufacturing and sales, and technology licensing and technical services to third parties.
- He also oversees the company’s digitalisation activities to apply proven and new digital technology solutions to Shell’s existing businesses and emerging new business models.
- He joined Shell in 1991 and has held various technical and commercial positions in Chemicals, Lubricants and Refining in Europe, and the USA.
- Yuri is a board member of the MIT Energy Initiative, Stanford Global Energy Council, and the Dutch ECN/TNO Strategic Advisory Board.